Last Updated: May 2018
- What cookies are
- What cookies are used when you use the EZLinks Platforms
- Your cookie options
- Interest-Based Advertising
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your web browser that allows EZLinks or a third party to recognize you. Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your preferences; and (4) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years. Cookies placed by the website you.re visiting are sometimes called "first party cookies," while cookies placed by other companies are sometimes called "third party cookies".
2. What cookies are used when I use the EZLinks Platforms?
When you access and/or use any of the EZLinks Platforms, EZLinks or a third party may place a number of cookies in your browser. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies will always be used.
Each cookie serves one of four different purposes:
- Essential Cookies: These first party cookies allow users to use a feature of the EZLinks Platforms such as: (i) staying logged in, or (ii) making purchases.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies track information about how the EZLinks Platforms are being used so that we can make improvements and report on our performance. We may also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages or features to see how users react to them. Analytics cookies may either be first party or third-party cookies.
- Preference Cookies: These first party cookies store your preferences for your use of the EZLinks Platforms.
- Ad Targeting Cookies: These third party cookies (also known as "behavioral" or "targeted" advertising) are placed by advertising platforms or networks in order to: (i) deliver ads and tracks ad performance, and (ii) enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant based upon your activities.
Finally, we may set cookies within emails we send to you (if you have consented to receiving emails from us). These cookies are used to track how often our emails are opened and clicked on by our customers. You can manage email cookies in the same way as website cookies, as explained in this policy.
4. What are my cookie options?
5. Do you use any other user tracking technologies?
We use additional technologies to help track user activities and preferences. For example, we use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs). Web beacons are tiny graphics (about the size of period) with a unique identifier that are embedded invisibly on web pages or emails. They are used to track user activities and communicate with cookies. You cannot opt out of web beacons used in webpages, but you can limit their use by opting out of the cookies they interact with. You can opt out of web beacons used in emails by setting your email client to render emails in text mode only. Finally, we use local storage to facilitate certain functions, but we do not retain the data captured via local storage.
6. Interest Based Advertising
We and third parties engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-parties are using cookies or other technologies to perform these services, EZLinks does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information for online, mobile, or email advertising, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. Advertisements, emails, and other messages may be delivered to you by EZLinks or its service providers based on your online or mobile behavior, your search activity, your geographic location or other information that is collected by us or obtained from third parties. You may also see advertisements for third parties on the EZLinks Platforms, other websites or properties, or on your mobile device, based on your visits to, and activities on, the EZLinks Platforms, or the platforms of our marketing partners. Some of our vendors and we may use our own or third-party aggregated or anonymized personal information, demographic data, and other inferred commercial interests to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you.
In addition, we and our business partners use third parties to establish deterministic or probabilistic connections among devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) to deliver more relevant advertising to you and for advertising analytics and reporting purposes. This means that information about your use of websites or applications on your current device may be combined with information from your other devices. We also may share this information and other inferences with third parties to allow them to target advertising, personalize content, or analyze behavior. This allows, for example, advertisements you see on your tablet to be based on activities you engaged in on your smartphone. These business partners may share and combine information from cookies with identifiers (such as device IDs assigned by Google or Apple) and IP addresses to make connections among related devices. This also allows for a more personalized experience across the EZLinks Platforms, and the platforms of select marketing partners.
EZLinks Golf LLC
401 S La Salle Street - Suite 302
Chicago, IL 60605
Attn: Bart Dolega